Wednesday 26 October 2016

Sketches from a wrestling match


In order to understand wrestling better and learn how to better portray this discipline as an artist 
I decided to make some quick observational sketches while watching a wrestling match between Andrew Howe and Jordan Burroughs . My sketches show different techniques and moves that are involved in wrestling : wrestling clinch, opponent trying to break a grip, attempt for a take down, pin down and more. I chose to make these sketches with coloured pencils that cannot be erased rather than with pencil because I wanted the lines to be more free and unpredictable. The outlines are more immediate rather than thought through. I purposely chose two different colours to sketch each fighter so that their techniques and grips are more visible. I think that making observational sketches from each martial art will help me to create better illustrations in the future, because I will learn how body movements and mechanics work behind each martial art. By drawing from observation I will get a better understanding of anatomy and how two fighting bodies relate to each other.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment